Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Judging A Book By Its Cover ...


I know, I know –we’ve all heard the saying before. “Never judge a book by its cover.” However, IMHO, the publishing houses art departments have gotten wi$e to romance readers. Actor/model Nathan Kamp is pretty darn hot! I first became aware of him on the cover of Angela Knight’s MASTER OF WOLVES. Then, to my delight, I found out that his handsome face and impressive body parts have adorned many book covers of the genre--from paranormal to historical romance!

I recently came across an impressive pictorial rundown of Nathan Kamp’s covers on Amazon.com through Listmania. To my own amusement, I found out that over half of my recent book purchases had Kamp, in some form or face, on the cover! I wondered was it the man on the cover that drew my attention or was I attracted to the story & its author. Okay, in all honesty I will say that I’ve enjoyed the authors & their stories. However, ladies, let’s face it …the breathtaking male on the cover is a real bonus!

The picture above is an extended art piece of Nathan Kamp for the cover of Majorie M. Liu’s new book, SOUL SONG due out in July 2007. Yum! And, yes, I’m looking forward to reading the book too!

So, are you drawn to books by the cover or by the blurb? Be honest and post your answers to our comments section –Thx!


***
Sabrina Luna
Spicy Romance with a Touch of Magick
http://www.sabrinaluna.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina Strauss said...

I am drawn by both! The title and then cover get my initial attention, then I read the blurb to see if it sounds like my cup of tea!

I've got to say, this is one of the...prettier posts you've made. LOL

12:02 PM  
Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I'm a total cover ho! A fab cover will make me pick up a book by an author I've never read but the blurb and excerpt (or first few pages) have to totally rock to get my money.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I agree with Tam, the cover might catch my eye, but the blurb is what will draw me in. Though I've gotta say, a really bad cover can be so disappointing, especially for an author I love. The one great plus to ebooks, is that I don't care about the cover at all, it just disappears into my reader.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home