Friday, March 21, 2008

YOGA + WRITING



Last week I was hunched over my computer, my mind off in a different world of deadlines and vampires, when I glanced at the clock. Yikes! It was almost time for yoga class at my local YMCA! Saving my work, I shut down the computer and quickly put on my exercise clothes, heading down to the gym.

I take a gentle form of yoga called Vinyasa. It’s a flowing sequence of poses and deep breathing. It helps me to relax, listen to my body and quiet my mind. I’m very fortunate to have a wonderful teacher. Last week, she asked if there were any areas we’d like to focus on. Several of the students, including myself, wanted to target our backs, shoulders and necks from hunching over our computers. She happily obliged and we spent the class on special postures for those areas…and I came home wonderfully de-stressed and relaxed.

Yoga provides wonderful time-out from my busy day. Even though this class is only held once a week, I’m attempting to make this type of yoga a part of my regular routine too. Since I began writing as a career, I’ve learned that, as writers, we need to take care of ourselves…both body and mind. Yoga provides both for me. Maybe it will work for you…I highly recommend it.

Hugs & Many Blessings,
Sabrina )O(

+ + +
Sabrina Luna
Spicy Romance with a Touch of Magick
http://www.sabrinaluna.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home