Saturday, July 21, 2007

Got Harry Potter?


I got my copy of HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS last night only eighteen minutes after the clock struck midnight!

Everyone was caught up in Pottermania and I was along to experience it –for the first and last time. I became a fan of the movies just a couple of years ago and became instantly enchanted by the world J. K. Rowling has created. Now, honestly, I haven’t read the novels yet –but I will, I promise.

Just after ten on July twentieth, I decided to trek over to one of my favorite local bookstores, the BOOKS A MILLION, on Hwy 49 & 160, in Charlotte NC and experience a Potter party. It was great! Although there were other Potter parties in bookstores in the area, the one I chose had a “milder” turn-out. The staff went out of their way to make sure kids and adults were having a good time, keeping everyone happily occupied with fun stuff until it was time to form the lines for book distribution.

Sipping a small coffee, I browse the shelves, making my way past kids and parents dressed in all sorts of costumes and cool apparel from the Potter world. I love watching kids pointing their wands at each other and uttering ‘magical’ phrases with giggles and squeals of delight –thank goodness no one was actually turned into a toad or worse. *wink* I was also amused with the older ‘kids’ who chatted with me, telling me about their own experiences at previous Potter parties or about how they read one of the novels in a full day marathon.

Despite all the media hype, it seems clear that Ms. Rowling has given authors and storytellers like me a bright sense of hope for future success. People, no matter what their age, still love a good, well-told story and characters they can love and cherish to the very end.

Thx & Hugs,
Sabrina )O(

+ + +
Sabrina Luna
Spicy Romance with a Touch of Magick
http://www.sabrinaluna.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home